Canare crimp tool offers reliable high-quality crimping performance in an easy-to-use design.
Key Features and Benefits
- Select the appropriate Die Set to suit the individual connector
- Hand crimp tool is required for Die Set, and sold separately
- Die Set are interchangeable
- Tech Data
|TC-1||Canare standard hand crimp tool.||1|
|Model||Pin crimp #1 (mm)||Pin crimp #2 (mm)||Sleeve crimp #1 (mm)||Sleeve crimp #2 (mm)||Hand Crimp Tools||Standard package|
|TCD-35CA||BCP-D33UHD, BCP-B25HD, BCP-B25HW, BCP-B3F, BCP-B45HW, BCP-B53, CP-A25, BCP-A25F, BCP-A3, BCP-A3AHD, CP-A3F, BCP-A33, BCP-A5, BCP-A5F, CP-VA3, BCP-VA5, CP-LC3, BCP-LC3F, BCP-LC5, MBCP-C25F, MBCP-C3F, MCF-V5C3, MCM-V5C3, RCAP-C25HD, RCAP-C3A, RCAP-C3F, RCAP-C53, RCAP-C5A, FP-C25HD, FP-C3, FP-C3F, FP-C53A, FP-C5, SPP-C33-CL|
|TCD-35D||BP-C3, BP-C4, BP-C5, TNP-C3, TNP-C4, TNP-C5, RCAP-C3GS|
|TCD-35DF||BP-C5FA, BP-C51F, TNP-C5F, NP-C5F, NP-C51F, SP-C5F, SJ-C5F, SMAP-C3F, SMAP-C5F, SMAJ-C3F, SMAJ-C5F|
|TCD-4CA||BCP-B31F, BCP-B4F, BCP-A4, BCP-A4F, MBCP-C4, MBCP-C4F, BCJ-C4, RCAP-C4A, RCAP-C4F, FP-C4, FP-C4F, VP-C4A, VWP-C4A, MVP-C4|
|TCD-451CA||BCP-B31F, BCP-B4F, BCP-A4, BCP-A4F, CP-A52, MBCP-C4, MBCP-C4F, BCJ-C4, RCAP-C4A, RCAP-C4F, FP-C4, FP-C4F, FP-C52, VP-C4A, VWP-C4A, MVP-C4|
|TCD-5CF||BCP-B5F, BCP-B51F, BCP-LC5F, MBCP-C5F, RCAP-C5F, FP-C5F|
|TCD-55FA||BCP-B5F, BCP-B51F, BCP-LC5F, MBCP-C5F, RCAP-C5F, FP-C5F, BP-C5FA, BP-C51F, TNP-C5F, NP-C5F, NP-C51F, SP-C5F, SJ-C5F, SMAP-C5F, SMAJ-C5F|
|TCD-7CA||BCP-C7A, BCP-C7FA, FP-C7FA|
|TCD-D253F||DCP-C25HD, DCP-C25HW, DCP-C3F, MCM-V4C25HW, MDF-V4C25HW, VP-C25HW, MVP-C25HW, MCVP-C25HW, BCJ-D25HD, BCJ-D25HW, BCJ-D33UHD|
Crimp Connector Assembly Instructions
Confirm compatibility of the connector and cable prior to assembly.
1. Slide the crimp sleeve over the cable and strip the jacket, braided shield, and insulation of the coaxial cable as shown at left.
- For cables with stranded inner conductor, twist the strands in the same direction as plied after removing the insulation.
- For a crimp sleeve with steps, slip it over the cable from the stepped end, as in the diagram.
- If any metal foil shield is left on the cable, it may get stuck in the mouth of connector, making insertion impossible.
- Remove all stray strands and offcuts of the metal foil shield to avoid possible short circuiting.
- Make sure the inner conductor is free of all insulation debris and offcuts to ensure complete crimping.
2. Place the center contact pin of the connector on the inner conductor of the cable and crimp the center contact pin at the correct position (without remaining a gap) as shown at left, using the specified crimp tool and Die Set.
- To confirm the crimping properly, measure the crimp height after removing burrs with a knife. If it is not within the ideal value range, adjust the crimp tool.
- Do not crimp the center contact pin at the stepped root end.
- Confirm the center contact pin is crimped straight to the inner conductor. If the center contact pin is slanted, align it gently.
3. Hold the cable and push it into the connector body until the center contact pin is locked in place. You may feel a click sound when the contact pin is locked.
- Pull the cable gently (less than 4.5 lbs or 19.6 N) to confirm that is locked.
4. Slide crimp sleeve up against connector body over the braided shield until it butts against the connector body. Center the die over the crimp sleeve and crimp in place, using the specified crimp tool and Die Set.
- Do not pull the cable while crimping is executed.
Adjusting Crimp Tool
1. Measuring Crimping height
Crimp height is measured after the crimp is made. As shown in the figure, the sum of the measured values for both directions is divided by two to arrive at the crimp height. The ideal value range for the BCP-A3 connector, for example, is 1.4 mm to 1.5 mm. When this value is lower (overcrimping occurs) than the recommended crimp height, the crimp becomes very hard. A value higher (undercrimping occurs) than the recommended value can result in increased electrical resistance and a physically weaker crimp. Either digital calipers or a micrometer should be used for measuring crimp height.
2. Measuring Frequency
Crimp height is measured prior to commencing use of the crimp tool and always when changing the crimping die. After this, the crimp height is regularly measured after about each 1,000 crimps.
3. Tool Measuring Procedures
Crimp force increases and crimp height decreases when the tool’s adjuster dial is turned in the direction of the 9. The dial is adjusted by first releasing it using a screw driver.